At Southwire, one of our most important missions is to give back to the communities where we live and work. Corporate philanthropy is not a separate function, operating isolated from other areas of the business. Rather, it’s a crucial part of how we do business. It directly impacts our relationships with employees, customers, suppliers, our friends and neighbors and other key stakeholders.
Southwire's corporate giving occurs in two separate ways - financial support through monetary contributions and the sharing of time and talent through volunteer efforts. Often, we combine the two and our efforts increase exponentially. In some cases, we join with other organizations in true partnerships that create much farther-reaching impacts than any single group could produce alone.
REQUESTING A DONATION
Any request for a charitable donation from Southwire Company must be reviewed by Southwire’s corporate charitable donations committee. To begin the online application process, please take the following steps:
1. Create a YourCause Account -
- Southwire partners with Blackbaud to manage all charitable donation requests using the YourCause:GrantsConnect platform.
- Before applying for a donation, the requesting organization will need to create a YourCause account by selecting the “Create Account” button in the upper righthand, grey box above.
- If the requesting organization has an existing account, please move to step two.
2. Apply for a Donation -
- After your account is created, return to this landing page and select “Apply Now” to submit a formal request for a charitable donation.
- Southwire team members may request contributions on behalf of eligible nonprofit organizations by visiting the internal Southwire Project GIFT SharePoint site HERE.
- Please note that application review may take 30-45 days to complete. If any additional documentation or information is needed, you will receive notice within the YourCause platform and via email from YourCause.
AREAS WE SUPPORT
It is Southwire’s goal to align all charitable giving with our sustainability tenets which are centered around Growing Green, Living Well, Giving Back, Doing Right and Building Worth. In general, organizations that Southwire supports should benefit areas where Southwire team members live and work. Southwire prefers to contribute to organizations that allow Southwire team members to support efforts with a donation of time and talent, not just company financial resources. Additionally, the organization’s values must align with the vision and values of Southwire and its shareholders, and must connect with one or more of the below areas of focus:
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION - Southwire is focused on supporting initiatives that foster inclusion, promote diverse perspectives and recognize the talent and inherent value of all people regardless of gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
- ENVIRONMENT - Southwire is focused on supporting environmental projects that include carbon reduction, clean technologies, renewable energy, protecting our natural resources, reduce/reuse/recycle projects, water and land conservation, building sustainable homes and communities and environmental education.
- EDUCATION - Southwire is focused on supporting education initiatives that center around STEAM projects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics), innovation and workforce development.
- COMMUNITY – Southwire is focused on supporting initiatives relating to human/community/social services, such as programs that serve underprivileged community members, youth programs, awareness for charitable causes, arts and culture, economic development, etc.
- CUSTOMER/AFFILIATE - Southwire is focused on supporting charitable initiatives that allow for collaboration with customers or community partners to create an even bigger impact on the places we call home.
To be eligible for a donation from Southwire Company, an organization must meet the following requirements:
- The organization must be a legal entity defined in the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 501(c)(3) as a “nonprofit organization”, in the Revenue Canada Act as a “registered” organization, or as equivalent status in the applicable international equivalent bodies of law.
- The organization must be financially stable upon request for contribution, and if asked, must present evidence of its financial position to Southwire Company.
- The organization must also demonstrate evidence of no criminal record or violation of any ethical standards, and if asked, must provide supporting documentation.
- The organization must, at the very least, benefit areas where Southwire team members live and work, along with other geographical areas it may serve.
- The organization must combine, where possible, the time and talent of Southwire team members with financial resources.
- The organization must have values that align with the vision and values of Southwire Company and its shareholders. Visit www.southwire.com/sustainability to learn more.
Southwire does NOT support any of the following with charitable donations:
• Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status or affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
o Organizations or educational institutions to support a specific individual
o Labor, political or social groups
o Business or individual loans