Southwire has not publicly announced a Scope 3 goal under our Carbon Zero initiative. However, we have set internal targets to reduce Scope 3 emissions, and we are actively engaged and building partnerships with suppliers, customers and other stakeholders to reduce our carbon footprint.
To launch the Carbon Zero era, Southwire is constructing the first solar installation at our corporate headquarters that is expected to begin providing power in Fall 2020. This addition brings the number of our solar installations to three company-wide. The installation will:
- Be a visible demonstration of Southwire’s commitment to reduce the company’s carbon footprint
- Showcase Southwire products that are employed in solar installations
- Consist of a solar carport over the handicap and expectant mother parking area
- Include solar picnic tables in the courtyard to provide an interactive experience for employees
- Incorporate 2 new electric vehicle charging stations