ACE Tradeshow Southwire Sweepstakes: Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Introduction. ACE Tradeshow Southwire Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Southwire Company, LLC (“Sponsor”) and is conducted in accordance with these Official Rules (“Rules”). The Sweepstakes will begin on March 3, 2016, and end on March 5, 2016. Winners will be selected during the Entry Period (as defined below) in accordance with these Rules. By participating, each Sweepstakes entrant agrees to abide by these Rules, all other applicable guidelines, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will directly notify each selected winner using the winner’s contact information provided to Sponsor.
- To Enter. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on march 3, 2016, at 8:00 AM ET, and ends on March 5, 2016, at 5:00 PM ET (the “Entry Period”). To enter, Sweepstakes entrants must text “Southwire” to 82257. An Eligible Entrant (as defined in Section 3 below) who follows the steps detailed in the preceding sentence and who complies with these Rules will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (each, an “Eligible Entry”). All Eligible Entries must be received during the Entry Period, and an individual may submit only one Eligible Entry on each day during the Entry Period.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to all natural persons who are legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of any of the following states: Rhode Island, Florida and New York) and the District of Columbia, and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (collectively, “Eligible Entrants”). THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members (defined as people who share the same residence for at least 3 months during a 12-month period) of any such Sponsor employee, officer, or director are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an Eligible Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor shall be the sole and ultimate judge with respect to determining any entrant’s eligibility.
- For All Entries. All information submitted as part of a Sweepstakes entry becomes the property of the Sponsor.
- Winner Selection.
(a) During the Entry Period, Sweepstakes entrants who text “Southwire” to 82257 will be entered. Each Sweepstakes entrant is permitted to submit only one text per day during the Entry Period. During the Entry Period, winners will be selected randomly every three hours during the ACE Tradeshow’s open hours.
(b) Each Sweepstakes winner must fully comply with these Rules, as determined by Sponsor’s Winner Selection Committee and, as applicable, Sponsor’s Legal Department, in order to receive a prize. The Winner Selection Committee’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Upon receipt of Sponsor’s notice of winning, a Sweepstakes winner must contact Sponsor using the contact information furnished hereinbelow, or using the contact information furnished in the notice of winning, and provide Sponsor with all information required by Sponsor to deliver to the winner his or her prize.
(c) Sweepstakes winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability release/publicity release, except where prohibited by law, prior to receiving their respective prizes, provided that Sponsor is not obligated to accept such an affidavit and release that a Sweepstakes winner returns to Sponsor more than three (3) business days after the winner receives from Sponsor a notice of winning. If an Eligible Entrant winner does not comply with the terms of the foregoing sentence, or if the notice of winning or the prize is undeliverable, and/or if a winner fails to otherwise comply with these Rules or any other applicable terms and conditions, such winner will be disqualified, will forfeit his or her prize or right to claim a prize, and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the terms of this Section 5 from among all remaining Eligible Entrants. Only three (3) alternate winners will be contacted, if necessary, after which time Sponsor reserves the right to permit the unclaimed prize to remain unawarded.
- Prizes. Each winner will receive a Southwire duffle bag valued at $18.00. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Each Sweepstakes winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- Odds of Winning. An Eligible Entrant’s odds in favor of winning a prize depend on the number of Eligible Entries that Sponsor receives during the Entry Period.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited by applicable law, each Sweepstakes entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes , or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action suit, and exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction situated in Carrollton, Georgia; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred by the Sweepstakes entrant, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will a Sweepstakes entrant be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will a Sweepstakes entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Sweepstakes entrant hereby waives all rights to claim any punitive, incidental, special, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than claims for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Each Sweepstakes entrant hereby waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Sweepstakes entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Release. By accepting any Sweepstakes prize, each Sweepstakes winner agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its promotional partners and its and their respective parent companies, affiliates, participating retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising, and promotion agencies and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims and causes of action, including but not limited to any liability, loss, injury, and damage to entrants or any other person or entity, including personal injury or death to entrant or any other person, and damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Sweepstakes prize, including without limitation, any travel or prize activities related thereto, or participation in the Sweepstakes.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited by applicable law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Sweepstakes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, and city of residence for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide in perpetuity (unless prohibited by law), without further payment or consideration.
- Limitations of Liability. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a Sweepstakes entrant, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical, hardware, software, or electronic malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation, any such malfunction arising out of or in connection with any Sweepstakes prize; (c) lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes that may limit the ability to play or participate; (d) any human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from receipt or use or misuse of any prize; and (f), notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, any violation of any federal, state, or local law, rule, regulation, or ordinance by any Sweepstakes entrant by virtue of such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the violation of any United States copyright law by such Sweepstakes entrant, whether resulting from the content of such entrant’s submission or otherwise. If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes), the electronic portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without liability to any person, including without limitation, any Sweepstakes entrant.
- Miscellaneous. A Sweepstakes entrant’s failure to comply with these Rules or any other applicable terms, conditions, or guidelines will result in his or her disqualification. Sponsor makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the nature, utility or quality of any Sweepstakes prize awarded. Any person who supplies false information, obtains Sweepstakes entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Rules in an attempt to obtain any Sweepstakes prize will forfeit any prize won and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Privacy and Winner List. When you participate in a survey or enter a contest or sweepstakes at a point of sale, a Sponsor-sponsored event, or through Sponsor’s websites or social media sites and/or profiles, Sponsor may collect your name, address, name of employer, telephone number, and/or e-mail address. Sponsor uses this information to administer your participation in a contest or sweepstakes. The personal information provided on the relevant entry form may be used by Sponsor to provide Sweepstakes entrants with additional information about promotional events. You may opt out of receiving additional Sponsor promotional material by texting “STOP” to 82257. Sponsor is dedicated to protecting your privacy. You can contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns to us by:
- Calling us at 1-800-444-1700, ext. 5383, emailing us at email@example.com.
- Writing us at the address below (please include your e-mail address and phone number along with your correspondence as well as the information needed to support your request):
Southwire Company, LLC
Attention: Southwire Digital Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
One Southwire Drive Facebook: www.facebook.com/ Southwire
Carrollton, Georgia 30119