Created in 2014, Women’s Network was established to inspire team members to create an environment that embraces inclusivity with an emphasis on women. It is an avenue to encourage networking, embrace collaboration and empower current and inspire future leaders.
Created in 2015, Spectrum’s mission is to value all underrepresented minorities. By serving as a vital resource to the organization, we will foster an environment that encourages the investment in the development and engagement of the entire spectrum of Southwire’s people.
Created in 2015, NEXTgen was established as an avenue for all age groups to encourage networking and embrace collaboration, with a focus on personal and professional growth and development.
Created in 2017, T.E.A.M. was established to ensure the workforce is diverse in all levels of leadership throughout manufacturing facilities to achieve business results. We want to instill a culture of acceptance of all people and develop systems that are more than just words on paper, but inclusion in action.
Created in 2018, Veterans Network was established to enrich the lives of veterans at Southwire, by providing opportunities to serve through veteran outreach and awareness events, and engage in network and career growth opportunities.
Created in 2018, ALLIED advocates for a work environment that respects, welcomes and supports people of all sexual and gender identities and enables them to bring their whole selves to work, allowing them to perform to their full potential.
2021 Employee Resource Group Highlights
In 2021, Southwire had 14% of its team members participate in employee resource groups. Each ERG is structured with an executive sponsor, a champion and committee comprised of team members across the organization. These teams lead events, programs and opportunities over the course of the year. Southwire had ERG presence in all U.S., Canada, and Mexico locations, hosted over 200 events, and had over 400 hours of ERG-focused engagement.
• Celebrations for key awareness dates and months, including MLK Jr. Day, Black History Month, Asian American Pacific Islander Month, Juneteenth, Hispanic Heritage Month, Native American Heritage Month, and more.
• Established a partnership with the AUCC, focused on offering experiential educational opportunities and scholarships to the students of the consortium’s dual degree engineering program.
• 30+ dedicated TEAM champions committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives at their local sites and facilities
• Launched TEAM champion training to better equip champions with the tools to influence and lead change
• Pride Month Cookie Campaign – Sent Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies to All Southwire Facilities in the United States with Education & Awareness Messages
• Presenting sponsor of Georgia Equality’s Evening for Equality virtual event to recognize and celebrate the victories helping to advance fairness, safety and opportunity for Georgia’s LGBTQ+ communities and allies.
• LGBTQ+ Virtual Art Museum Event in Honor of Atlanta Pride
• Over 400 team members have completed Allied-sponsored “Safe Space” training
June 08, 2023
In support of Southwire’s continued commitment to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization and industry, Cara Herzog, vice president of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) has been named as the company’s Chief DEI Officer.Continue reading
June 02, 2023
Over the past few months, Southwire recognized Martin Luther King Jr. Day., Black History Month, Women’s History Month and more by hosting efforts across the company.Continue reading
March 13, 2023
For the fourth consecutive year, Southwire has been recognized as a Top Diversity Employer by DiversityJobs.com.Continue reading
December 08, 2022
In November, Southwire recognized Veterans Day, Native American Heritage Month, International Men’s Day and Thanksgiving by hosting efforts across the company that provided opportunities to get more involved and celebrate together.Continue reading
November 03, 2022
In October, Southwire recognized Breast Cancer Awareness Month and LGBTQ+ history month by hosting efforts across the company that provided resources and opportunities to get involved and learn more about both topics.Continue reading
October 26, 2022
Southwire is pleased to announce a partnership with Nessel to standardize its dedicated spaces for nursing mothers across the company.Continue reading