Division 26 – Electrical
Section 26 05 19 – Wire and Cable
Type MC Feeder Cable – Aluminum Conductors
PART 1 – GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Feeder and Services: Type MC Cable for use as services and feeders.
B. General Applications: Type MC Cable may also be used in the following general applications per based on the National Electrical Code (NEC):
1. For services, feeders and branch circuits
2. For power and lighting
4. Exposed or concealed
5. In cable tray where identified for such use
6. In a raceway
7. In dry locations and embedded in plaster or against other masonry
8. Jacketed MC Cable may be used in wet locations, either direct burial, in underground conduit, or overhead.
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data that materials comply with specified requirements and are suitable for intended application.
B. Installation Instructions: Manufacture’s installation instructions shall be included in submittal. Industry guides may supplement the manufacturer’s instructions.
C. Manufacturer: Type MC Cables for circuits, feeders and services shall be supplied from a single manufacturer.
A. Underwriters Laboratories: Type MC Cable shall meet the following Underwriters Laboratories (UL) standards.
1. UL 1569 Standard for Metal-Clad Cables
2. UL Standard 83 for Thermoplastic-Insulated Wires and Cables or UL Standard 44 for Thermoset-Insulated Wires and Cables
3. UL Standard 1479 Standard for Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Firestops.
4. UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 Hour Through-Penetration Firestop Systems.