MTW/TEW or AWM-I A
- 600 Volts. Copper Conductor. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Insulation.
- Heat, Moisture, and Oil Resistant. AWG Sizes 18 through 2 rated
- MTW/TEW or AWM. All sizes meet UL VW-1 and Oil Resistant I.
- AWG sizes 14 through 2 meet oil resistant II and THW-2 and AWG sizes 18 and 16 meet TFF.
- All sizes meet CSA FT-1 and Oil Resistant I. RoHS
Southwire Type MTW/TEW or AWM is used for machine tool wiring and internal wiring of appliances. Typical applications include wiring for refrigeration equipment, air-conditioning equipment, control wiring of machine tools, automatic washers, etc. Type MTW rating permits use in (i) dry locations not to exceed 90°C (ampacity is limited to 75°C conductor temperature per NFPA 79); or (ii) wet locations or other applicable locations when exposed to oil or coolant at temperatures not to exceed 60°C. Type TEW rating permits use in (i) dry locations not to exceed 105°C; or (ii) wet locations or other applicable locations when exposed to oil or coolant at temperatures not to exceed 60°C. When used as AWM, intended uses are limited to dry locations at temperatures not to exceed 105°C (applicable to both UL and CSA ratings). Standard product is marked Style 1015 and various other styles.